Another Los Angeles Historic Building Threatened
I am a local Brentwood resident, business owner and constituent, and I am writing to express my concerns about the demolition of one of Brentwood’s few commercial Historic-Cultural Monuments, the BARRY BUILDING on San Vicente Blvd. The property’s owner, Charles T. Munger, seeks to raze the Barry Building to make way for the Green Hollow Square project, formerly called Brentwood Town Green. It is my belief that retaining the architecturally significant Barry Building should be a priority for the City.
Please take note of the following facts:
- The Barry Building is a designated Los Angeles landmark, Historic-Cultural Monument #887. Every effort should be taken to avoid the demolition of this designated landmark.
- With its numerous retail spaces and large central courtyard, the Barry Building can be adapted to fit the needs of the Green Hollow Square project.
- The Barry Building can be sensitively upgraded for enhanced energy efficiency to meet the project’s sustainability goals.
- Alternative 4, the preservation alternative, should be the preferred project as it would retain and reuse the Barry Building while meeting many of the project’s goals. These include providing the same number of parking spaces and nearly the same amount of square footage as the currently proposed project.
- Demolition of the Barry Building, a city landmark, calls into question the City’s ability to protect our cultural heritage when clear adaptive reuse options exist.
Certified Distressed Property Expert |Pre-Foreclosure Specialist Certified
I want you to know that I appreciate any referrals from friends and associates who may be in the market to buy or sell real estate. You can count on me giving them the same high-quality service I provide to all of my clients.